[sword-devel] More Splashes

David Burry sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 12:24:07 -0700

Trevor's right, programs should simply load in less time than it takes to
cue the user that they're loading.  In general, there are ways of making a
lot of initialization info cached on disk anyway, and most other
initialization could happen in the background _after_ the interface is
brought up, or on demand the first time a feature is used.  Then the splash
screen can be relegated to being tucked away inside the "help/about"
box.  Since we're not shareware we don't even have to use it as a nag
screen to pay...

Dave