[sword-devel] Mac OS X/Darwin port

Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:59:23 -0700

--------------2B60156DDE2C680B4A2BF2FF

bounced message forwarded...
__________
--------------2B60156DDE2C680B4A2BF2FF

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:42:58 -0700
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
To: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: BOUNCE sword-devel@crosswire.org:    Non-member submission from [nic <nicc@wilderness.cable.nu>]

>From scribe@crosswire.org  Thu Oct 25 19:42:57 2001
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:39:37 +1000
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Mac OS X/Darwin port
From: nic <nicc@wilderness.cable.nu>
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org

Hi there all, esp Chris (who perhaps can help me?):

I was wondering what state the os x port was in atm?  I just nabbed the
latest stuff from cvs, and it doesn't compile with the suggested
alterations to the .cfg file, and I tried the 1.5.2 release, but it
complains about the supposed bug in one of the libs included with os x,
which the cvs version doesn't complain about (it compiles the swmgr.cpp
class fine)...
I shall hopefully get time this weekend to look into it further, as I
have no time atm...

and on another note:  has anyone looked into a frontend for mac os x?
I'm thinking of trying to get gnome somehow on this, or at least the
parts required for gnomesword, otherwise perhaps it would be a cool
programming challenge (I've never done mac programming before) to wack
something together...  :)

nic...  :)

ps: sorry I've been so quiet for the past 4 months -- been overseas
doing some stuff for the Lord, which left me with no time to read email,
let alone contribute!  but I'm still here and alive...  :)

On Monday, September 10, 2001, at 10:28 , Chris Little wrote:

> Some kinda cool news to share...
>
> Troy had a Mac OS X/Darwin port finished for one of the pre-releases,
> but some changes were made to the system that prevented it from working
> correctly with the final release.  Well, now it's all fixed and Sword
> compiles correctly on Mac OS X & Darwin using the included development
> tools and needing only one line (the line that defines the system type)
> needing to be changed in Makefile.cfg.
>
> Yay. :)
>
> I tested it too, and it is correctly able to read modules & retrieve
> stuff.
>
> --Chris

"Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes
  the blood of Christ to keep you out of Hell."
	-- Charles Spurgeon

  Interested in finding out more about God, Jesus,
      Christianity and "the meaning of life"?
       Visit http://www.christianity.net.au

--------------2B60156DDE2C680B4A2BF2FF--