[sword-devel] New Website, Changes and HowTo

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:18:45 -0500

Hello Everyone!
	I've recently picked up the task of getting our new site up and running as
soon as possible and I will keep it running smoothly as well.  However, I
need some help from all of you to get it working properly.

1:  If anyone is familiar with the APACHE web server, I am installing it on
my computer to test out the .jsp pages...  Are there any particular plug-ins
I need to add in order to view .jsp files locally w/ APACHE installed?

2:  What needs to be changed from the current site (which can be previewed
at http://www.sword.cx/sword/)

3:  If any of you are interested in helping, there is a CVS module on
sourceforge.  Go to http://sf.net/projects/sword/ for more information on
how to checkout that module.  It is called website, not sword-website
(sword-website is an older module)

Also, Troy, what scripting will you support on crosswire servers in order to
implement dynamic news and other such scripts?  PHP?  PERL/CGI?

Thanks
-Dave
webmaster@eurosoccerclub.net
ICQ: 40145621