[sword-devel] Sword exporter (Diaspora)
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:55:10 -0700
I tried out Diaspora, for the Palm Bible, and I don't think it is working
correctly. I get the following error on the Palm bible converter for the
text you created:
"Bible Converter For Bible Reader v 1.0 R2
Copyright (C) 2001 Poetry H.C. Poon
Parsing Bible Source ...
Parser Exception : Unexpected token : <VERSE> : ... at line 3"
While comparing the Test.txt to the version I was translating, I noticed a
difference with <CHAPTER>, It was missing for the first chapter, after
changing that, I moved down and it died farther on. I then discovered that
</CHAPTER> was missing at the end of each chapter. I have been adding them,
and as I try the conversion program it continues to move farther down.
Hope this makes since.
From: Chris Little [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 1:25 AM
Subject: RE: [sword-devel] Sword exporter (Diaspora)
New version posted.
There was a major bug, namely I forgot to run the module text through
the render filters, so it was always outputting as ThML.
I added 2 new export formats: "PBR" is Palm Bible Reader's import format
(http://palmbible.sourceforge.net/) and Plain outputs plaintext (very
similar looking to mod2vpl, but with markup degraded to plaintext).
Again, output is ALWAYS UTF-8, so I'd recommend that anyone using this
on non-ASCII materals targetting a non-UTF-8 program or platform use
something like iconv (part of ICU) to convert the result to a compatible
Anyone feel like writing a ThML->Sword converter for