[sword-devel] expanding the Sword canon

David J Ring Jr sword-devel@crosswire.org
26 Nov 2001 00:17:09 -0000

I have a problem with anyone rejecting the long prayer that was sung after the men were released from the firey furnace in Daniel -

That is also deemed Aprocryphal by some - to me it is so inspired it makes me shudder.  The realization that Nature constantly "Praises God" is a very powerful realization.

David Ring

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:30:07 -0600 Alan Jackson <ajackson@oplnk.net> wrote:

>The Apocrypha is part of the original KJV, the RSV, and the NRSV, as well
>as the R.C. translations, ASB, JB, and NJB. The Apocrypha is accepted
>as semi-canonical by the Anglican communion, which is Protestant, as
>canonical by the Roman Catholics, and I'm not sure what it's status is
>in the Orthodox churches is. Personally I wouldn't buy a Bible without it. 8-)
>--
>| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
>| alan@ajackson.org          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |
>| www.ajackson.org           | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
>| Houston, Texas             | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake       |

Totally Amazing Search Results - Just C4 Yourself!

http://www.C4.com - Total Search Technology