[sword-devel] Fwd: Followup on Compling bibletime, etc...

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 19:33:50 +0200

Subject: Followup on Compling bibletime, etc...
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:54:16 -0500
From: Luke Mauldin <lukeskyfly@txk.net>
To: Joachim Ansorg <jansorg@gmx.de>

Hello, I am the person who had the problem getting sword to complie.  I was
getting undefined function errors when compling sword.  I finally figured out
how to fix these.  In order to get sword to complie with RedHat gcc and
binutils 2.10.1 I had to manually add swtext.o, rawcom.o, swcom.o and swld.o
to libsword.a   I did this by doing:
ar crs /home/luke/bibletime/sword/lib/libsword.a swtext.o  and then doing
that for each .o file.  It was very incovneient but it was the only way I
could get sword to complie  I know that the process can be done automatically
by make but I do not know how to edit the makefile rules to get to to link
those .o files into the libarary.  Maybe you can use this information to edit
the makefiles or you can pass it on to the sword development people.  Please
email me back with your response and if you need anymore information I'd be
glad to provide it.

Luke