[sword-devel] some more new Bible modules

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 May 2001 08:45:38 -0700

At 06:46 PM 5/21/2001 +1000, Paul Gear wrote:
>SNIP
>No translation is unquestionable - i don't agree with everthing in the
>KJV, NIV,
>GNB, WEB, etc.

True. But I wouldn't "question" providing KJV or NIV Bibles for people to use.

>"No translation is infallible, therefore we make no special claims as to the
>orthodoxy, accuracy, or helpfulness of any of the translations provided here.
>Each reader should use the guidance of the Holy Spirit when using the
>materials
>provided and compare the translations against each other in their personal
>study."

I would drop "No translation is infallible, therefore ", and just start at
"we".  "No translation is infallible" is fighting words to some and we
don't need to invite a fight. Then I think the statement is good.

Jerry