[sword-devel] HTML Sword sync

James Gross sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 18 May 2001 20:44:43

Anyone have any comments?
In Christ,
David Trotz

Well, actually, I do.  I see the biggest problem with using newsgroups is
that some of us use ISP's that either don't allow you to use newsgroups or
your ISP owner speaks a foreign language (I'm stationed in Turkey and my ISP
doesn't like to respond to questions in English.  My English speaking
friends can't translate technical English to Turkish. My Turkish is too
rudimentary to communicate technical terms.  So, I am out of luck.).  That
said, I would suggest setting up some kind of forum-type website.  I know
that delphi.com allows you to set up a forum for free.  Of course, it will
inundate you with advertisements, but that is a small price to pay, I think.
  I have wanted to get involved with the website newsgroup, but my ISP seems
to have dropped support for newsgroups. This is very disheartening for me.
End of pity party.

The now defunct Maximum Linux website even had a link to their forum on
delphi that showed what questions/rants/etc were current.

If anyone knows of any online newsgroup reader that will allow me to
subscribe to the crosswire newsgroups, I would appreciate knowing which
ones.  I have subscribed to a few, but they don't allow you to specify
anything outside of what they already have.

In Christ,
Jim