[sword-devel] Unicode - was 1.52 & a request

Harry Plantinga sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 08:21:30 -0400

I don't know the details of what's missing in Unicode for
support of Hebrew. There is a working group looking into it.
But if it's only one or two missing diacritics, they might
be able to get it added.

However, most browsers (and presumably other unicode display
software) don't handle combining unicode characters correctly.
So in practice, you can't display any hebrew characters with
diacritics in unicode, apart from those that are in there as
a single character.

-whp