[sword-devel] API's to sword

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:56:35 -0700

We have an ActiveX control/COM object completed already.  I don't know
that much Microsoftese so I couldn't tell you if it is an ActiveX
server, but I know it can be embedded in VB, VC++, and IE because I've
tried those.  It's compiled under VC++ because we're ANSI C/C++
compliant. :)  It's home page is
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/diatheke/ (it's called ActiveDiatheke).
I will update it as soon as 1.5.2 is golden, which I guess is now.
There are a couple known bugs, but they will be worked out through the
update to 1.5.2.

I know of one commercial (shareware specifically) project using it
already.

> I don't know if Linux supports COM.  Some flavors of UNIX do.

Linux supports XPCOM, I guess.  But the current version of me needs an
upgrade before I will.  I don't think as useful on Linux though.

--Chris