[sword-devel] Freeware/Shareware packaging of Sword?

nuno barreto sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:27:22 +0100

-------------------------

>I've seen Sword for sale in a collection of software on eBay.  I find it
>kind of offensive that they don't bother to even say thanks or notify
>us, but oh well.

>--Chris

For me, that is different than what I was saying. If people have to explicitly
pay for the contents, thats bad. But if people pay only costs of productio/delivery,
its a totally different thing.

If people pay for the contents, then that is morally wrong. And GPL protects
such a thing. But people can sell only the distribution. That, I see as good.

But, of course, I agree with you that they should at least tell the creators that they
are going to distribute it, and even better, ask permission for doing so.

Nuno Barreto