[sword-devel] Subscribe sword-devel

David Trotz (Integrity Online) sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:43:48 -0700

> Troy is actually keeping archives of the list since its recreation, when
> crosswire.org got moved over to the colo'd box.  But he doesn't know of
> any software to use to make those archives accessible via the web.  Do
> any of you know of a program for parsing majordomo list archives and
> creating nice web interfaces?  It may not be necessary to set up a new
> system if we can get these archives online.  It might be fairly easy to
> write a perl script to do this that could be run from a cron job if
> there are none available currently.

I am glad to hear that there is an archive of all of our messages. I set
this up to start the mail archive because I felt like the question of where
is a mailing list archive is never answered and at least now we have
somewhere to point everyone when the question is asked. They have some brief
instructions on how to import existing archives but I don't know if it will
be helpfull. If you are going to host something like this on crosswire I
think that would be even better since the mail archive cannot promise they
will be in existence tommorrow. They can be found at:
http://www.mail-archive.com Perhaps the software they use to do the
archiving is open source and it can be used on the crosswire.org box?

I am just trying to be more than a whining mouth here and I am trying to do
something about one of my concerns. I would be excited to hear what becomes
of this.  :)

In Christ,
David