[sword-devel] VerseKey::Chapter and VerseKey::Book

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:07:05 +0200

Troy,
I have a problem with the two functions VerseKey::Chapter(int ichapter) and
VerseKey::Book(char ibook).
I was looking for the reason of a bug in BibleTime (misteriously the verse
and chapter was set to 1 after I changed the book with VerseKey::Book).

The two functions above turned out to be the reason - Book() sets chapter to
1 and Chapter() sets the verse to 1, the new key is then everytime
"new_book 1:1".
I think you idea behind this behaviour was to avoid the "jumping" behaviour
caused by Normalization. But shouldn't this be a task of a frontend?
IMHO each frontend should decide if they want to have autonormalization or
not. This is the way we go with BibleTime and if I remeber right you do it in
the windows frontend.

Should I remove the Chapter(1) and Verse(1) calls?

Thank you for your time,

Joachim