[sword-devel] new/updated modules (& new beta module site)

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:59:08 +1200

Is this another example of a module that would be a whole lot smaller if some kind of scripting were implemented?

> The first beta module is in there.  It's a KJV Audio Bible in
> HREFCom format that uses CrossWalk.com's RealAudio feeds.  Song
> of Solomon and Obadiah are omitted because they don't have
> per-verse info on these on their site.

Without realplayer installed, BibleCS says

Unable to open this Internet Shortcut. The protocol "pnm" does not have a registered program.

And sometimes quits after you hit ok, or when you do anything else.

> I'm also unsure how copyright figures into this since it is just
> linking.  And I don't mean copyright as it was intended by its
> inceptors, but copyright as it has been abused, confused, and
> corrupted by American corporations (and religions invented by L.
> Ron Hubbard).  So I have in mind to use another source for the
> audio (and even do an MP3 or OGG version from a PD reading for
> people who don't want to use an online streamed version).

There is a list of sites on http://www.audiotreasure.com/audiolinks.htm

Stephen Denne.