[sword-devel] New Sword Website: It's happening...

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 19:02:51 -0500

I would be glad to write this code in PHP, I am quite experienced and able
in the language, and am already helping Jonathan set up some other parts of
the website...

-Dave Overcash

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Martin Gruner
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 3:19 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] New Sword Website: It's happening...

> great :)
> I'd like to help with the module serving part (ModDisp.jsp) to see if it
> can serve zip files, gzipped files, rpm, deb, and windows exe so that
> install managers can have a good choice of what to get.
>
> unfortunately I don't know anything about jsp's, who is working on
> this?

I don't think this really has to be a jsp. You could also use another
language that you prefer if it is easy to port and extend the existing code.
Maybe you could use Perl of PHP?

Please also take care of different sorting mechanisms (after language, name,
date, version etc.). This could be triggered by commandline args, and these
could for example be triggered by the links in the head of the table that
ModDsp.??? will generate. Just a suggestion.

Maybe this important tool can be added to the main CVS?

Martin