[sword-devel] Freeing up modern bible text

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 06:04:30 +1000

Trevor Jenkins wrote:

> > No. Well, maybe a *bit* much, but Westcott and Hort, and to a lesser
> > extent the NIV committee (and I'm sure they're not alone in this) in the
> > end gave us what they thought was best for us, not what God thought was
> > best for us. The parallel is pretty exact if you compare Genesis 1:27
> > with a Maccas ingredient list. (-:
>
> Interesting that you deride W&H and then cite a passage outside the New
> Testament to back your argument.

This has gone way too far.  My point in raising the issue above was that
this is *not* a Bible translations discussion list, therefore
name-calling (or even good-natured discussion) about the benefits or
drawbacks of *any* translation should be considered improper.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear