[sword-devel] Open Content Creation

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 07:29:10 GMT

Bryan Fordham writes:

> 3) Get out of the module business.  Seperate the Sword engine from the
> modules entirely.  The base install can stay the same, but additional
> modules are produced by third parties.  (Of course a third party can
> consist of all Sword developers, if they want.)
> I think 3 is the only real option.  It is simply not possible to stop
> someone from creating a NWT module and putting it out for downloading.
> Period.

To a certain extent I think that this is a good point.  However there are
parts of Sword/Bibletime/... that can be impacted by how to support
specific module types that some may feel are not proper (for whatever

By the way, I am not seriously attempting to suggest eliminating any
current developers or directions, I am merely discussing academically.

   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...