[sword-devel] Cool idea: Commercial Linux /Windows Bible program based on Sword

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 10:11:12 -0700

At 10:18 PM 1/31/2001 -0500, Walter Kenaston wrote:
>I do not know the financial details of the early
>Bibles, but safe to say only the rich could afford
>them because making one was so costly: hiring a
>scribe, printing and binding a book, whatever.
>But today, software is just a stream of electrons
>and there is no reason to charge for it, except in
>charging for the media such as a CD-ROM, and
>mailing, and the like.

I think you will see more translation and distribution done the way you
suggest. But it will take time for the method to become popular. People
have to get over the idea that it is not done that way now.

Jerry