[sword-devel] Cool idea: Commercial Linux /Windows Bible program based on Sword

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 02 Feb 2001 06:06:24 GMT

Paul Gear writes:

> Bob Pritchett wrote:
> > advance. We went "commercial" because a text we very much wanted had the
> > following requirements: $10/copy, $10,000 up front advance payment,
> > guaranteed 1,000 units a year.
>
> That's the NIV, for those who are curious.  (I'm sure Bob's not allowed
> to say due to his licensing arrangement with Zondervan.)

$10 for roylties for something I can buy a hard copy of for less?

I bought a copy of software at Walmart with the NIV for $10 or so... Was
someone selling at a loss to get their software noticed, or as a ministtry.

How when I recently got a copy for the cost of a box of cereal, and ate a
box of cereal in the deal...

Obviously Zondervan has some situations where they will lower the price...

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...