[sword-devel] conversations with Stallman

Leon Brooks sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:18:27 +0800

On Saturday 22 December 2001 00:23, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
>> Being new to the C++ world I have no idea what QT is? I know what JFC
>> (Swing) is, and I know that it's cross platform.

> It's the GUI toolkit that powers the K Desktop Environment (and thus
> BibleTime), Qtopia (the GUI for the upcoming Sharp PDA), and Opera
> for Linux.

And the game of Overflow... yadda yadda, and it's also available for Windows,
Mac (OS9 and OS/X), BeOS and some embedded systems so it does represent a
portable target (http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/index.html).

Mind you, KDE also works on Windows, albeit a little unsteadily, so maybe we
should target everything at KDE? (-: g, d, r :-)

Cheers; Leon