[sword-devel] conversations with Stallman

David Burry sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 15:44:57 -0800

Show me that floppy or CD, whose logo and copyright are on it?  Render unto them the things that are theirs, and unto God the things that are God's.

This was unpopular in Christ's day too, which is why He didn't further explain, just let people mull over it.  But I'm going to explain, so please direct all flames to me directly and not to the list:

The things of heaven are above petty things like money and software, God wants our hearts.  While money and software are tools that can and should be used for great good whenever we can, ultimately it's only the hearts that He claims full authority over.  Rebelling against any earthly authority is sin (as long as that authority is not in conflict with Gods claim on our hearts), and equates with rebelling against God Himself since He commands us to submit to authority.

Dave