[sword-devel] GNU and OS ideologies and indulgences

Timothy R. Butler sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:37:28 -0600

Hi Jerry,
> Because the Bible clearly states that death came because of Adam (Rom
> 5:12 and I Cor 15:21-22)  Walt Brown makes this statement:
>
> "If evolution happened, then death was widespread before man evolved.
>  But if death preceeded man and was not a result of Adam's sin, then
> sin is a fiction.  If sin is a fictiion, then we have no need of a
> Savior."  - Walt Brown (PhD, MIT)  "In the Beginning", p200.
>
> He gives 73 points of contention between 'facts' in Theistic
> evolution and statements in the Bible.  Very interesting.

  That's a very good point! As I noted, if you hold that the Bible is true
and authoritive, then you can't accept evolution, and you give a good point
to substatiate this claim.
  It might be further noted that if you don't hold the Bible authoritive,
then you pretty much reject the Gospel message, and as Paul put it "you have
believed in vain." (1 Cor. 15:2, NIV) So, to answer Barry Drake directly
(something I didn't do in the first message), I think it is safe to say that
rejecting the Genesis creation account throws away the authority of the Bible
and the Gospel - and if that is the case in someone's life, how can they be
Christian?

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler | Universal  Networks | http://www.uninet.info
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com          ICQ: 12495932 AIM: Uninettm