[sword-devel] Re: GUI interfaces

David Burry sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:11:28 -0800

At 11:16 AM 12/20/2001 +1100, Chris wrote:
>>However, GUIs have a serious drawback.  They require a warm body to
>>operate them. How does this relate to Sword?
>I thought you were going to say that you want to automate your bible reading so that
>you don't have to do it yourself!

you mean like downloading it directly into my brain?? cool!  ;o)

No, seriously, every program or library should have some way to script it and glue it together with some sort of automation, a command-line interface being one of the most common ways to do that... and sword has it, thanks guys!!!  That does not mean GUIs are useless however, because **if** they're well designed they're nicer to use when you _want_ a warm body to do it anyway....

Dave