[sword-devel] DRM entries in .conf files

Mike Dougherty sword-devel@crosswire.org
16 Dec 2001 17:10:42 -0800

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 14:47, Chris wrote:

> >* You are going to need a way to keep track of how many times the user
> >has printed, read, or wrote a verse.
> >
> What is to stop someone backing up the files before using sword and
> restoring them after each use?

Actually, we never got this far. The per-view tracking was still just a
twinkle in the marketing departments eye when we bailed on the
technology all together.

One way to do it is to periodically verify and update the information
with a server on the 'net. If it appeared as thought the file was
tampered with it would immediately be invalidated, requiring the user to
obtain a new file.

But there are problems with that solution also.

/mike

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 >Ever heard of .cshrc?
 That's a city in Bosnia.  Right?
 (Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands.)