[sword-devel] FTP access

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:07:09 -0800

> I am aware from this list that a number of modules have been
> updated since I last accessed them, but I can't remember
> which ones. In times past, it used to be possible to access
> the repository via ftp - where one could, among other things,
> check the dates on the files.  I can't find a way to do this now.

FTP access is still available.  The modules can be found here:
ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/raw/ .

> Did I miss something?  If not, can ftp access be made
> available again?  And if there is a good reason why not, can
> dates be added to the module information on the web pages please.

Dates are included in the module config files for new modules in ISO
format (yyyy-mm-dd).  You can see the date (if it is identified) when
viewing the module info online.  I guess we could think about listing it
in the module lists themselves to make scanning for dates easier.

If you're using Windows, I can't overemphasize how useful InstallMgr is.
You just select what you want to install and it does all the downloading
and installation for you.  When updates and new texts are released,
InstallMgr will show you.

And if you're using Linux... well, work on the port I guess. :)

--Chris