[sword-devel] My group OpenSource ideologies

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:19:49 -0000

Hi there

On 10 Dec 2001 at 16:35, Chris wrote:
> I don't know how nicely gtk plays on Windows, but yeah it would be
> portable eh?

I had a go with GTK+ and it played really nicely on Windows with no trouble
at all.  I never tried anything serious with it - I'm not that much of a
C++ programmer, but it looks nice.  I have a page from Tor Lillquist from
his site at http://www.iki.fi/tml/index.html that gives links to all the
download sites for the libraries you need.  If the page is no longer
available and anyone wants it, I'll send it to the list as I have it
locally.  If I found it easy to port a simple editor program, I'm sure you
real techies would be able to make it do absolutely anything.

God bless,
Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,
Nottingham - see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com for our church