[sword-devel] Build file for jsword

Sun, 09 Dec 2001 21:31:56 -0700

Bobby,
	Just grabbed and installed ant 1.4.1 and tried out your build.xml.
Seems to work great.  I've added it to the project.
Thank you!

	A few questions.  Is there a way we could output classes to the
jsword/classes directory, javadocs to jsword/doc/api, and .jar to the
jsword/jars directory?  That way we can keep things consistent with the
makefiles.  I don't want to remove the makefiles just yet.  They are
nice to use when you don't want to install a new build system on a box,
but need to quickly make a change and rebuild.

	A few ant questions:

	As you're developing in say, jsword/src/org/crosswire/sword/mgr/, and
make a change to SWConfig.java, and want to try out your compile and see
the errors... what do you do?  Right now, I just type 'make', or in vim,
':make' and get taken to my compile error.  Help familiarize me with
standard ant development practices.

	Thanks again!

		-Troy.