[sword-devel] Build file for jsword

Mike Dougherty sword-devel@crosswire.org
09 Dec 2001 20:21:19 -0800

On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 19:13, Bobby Nations wrote:
> All,
> I'm pumped to find out about jsword, the java port of sword.  As a small
> token of my appreciation for the work done by everyone so far, I'm
> attaching an ant build file for the jsword project.  By default, it will
> compile and jar all of the java files under 'jsword/src' into
> 'jsword/dist/sword.jar', and it will also create the javadocs under
> 'jsword/dist/api'.  There's a clean target as well to remove temporary
> directories such as dist.
> Hope you like it, and I would love to contribute more to the ongoing
> porting efforts.
> Cheers,
> Bobby
> ----

It works, I like it! I by no means have the final word, but may I
suggest a few changes?

< 	<property name="build.dir" value="btree" />
> 	<property name="build.dir" value="classes" />

Functionally it does the same thing. I prefer to use classes, it's more
of name for what is going in the directory. Also, a few IDEs that
compile into separate directories (i.e. JBuilder) use "src" and
"classes" so this name will make it easier for those lazy developers
that use an IDE. (Ooooh, I feel flame coming on...)

<     <target name="compile" depends="javadoc">
>     <target name="compile" depends="init,createDir">

Compiling doesn't necessarily depend on Javadoc's being generated, but
it does depend on the other two. It also can be time consuming to
recreate the Javadocs every time you compile.

 Mike Dougherty -- Java Software Engineer
 Hope is a waking dream.
 		-- Aristotle