[sword-devel] I want to port the API to Java

Joe Walker sword-devel@crosswire.org
06 Dec 2001 22:16:20 +0000

Hi,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> 	I also have been meaning to get the project B drivers into the jsword
> library.  I would love for us to work together.  I think our main issue
> is that project B probably doesn't want to give up their interface, and
> I feel a crosswire port of our api should probably be similar to our c++
> api, so developers can switch between both worlds easily and have all
> the same concepts available to them.

I would be delighted for you to do whatever you like with project b. In
recent months I have sorted out a swing interface so it is now good
enough for me to use as my normal Bible study program.

It is true that Sword and ProjectB grew in fairly different ways and so
have fairly different interfaces - however I really do think we could
work on some proxies so that I could use your code and visa-versa.

The best place to download is:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1866&release_id=62815

Please take a look - you will need to be a Java developer to get going
and a working knowledge of Ant will help you a lot.

Joe.