[sword-devel] Copyrighting The Bible?

David Burry sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:47:31 -0700

Regarding this supposed lesbian NIV translator thing...

<soapbox>

Has anyone played the game called "telephone" as a kid?  By the time this kind of thing gets to me and I pass it on, it's "I (1st hand) read that a person's (2nd hand, since that person actually wrote it) father's (3th hand) friend's (4th hand) friend (5th hand) said 'blah blah blah'" and if that original person isn't quite as much in the know as we think then the info itself could in fact be 6th hand or more!  It's already questionable enough even as 2nd or 3rd hand in some cases especially on controversial subjects, but please, 4th to 6th hand info is totally 100% unreliable garbage and to be ignored!  No offense meant to anyone ;o)

I like how someone gave that URL, now that web page is 1st hand information!  Course, by the time I tell someone else about it it's already 2nd hand, so... best to just pass around the URL whenever that's feasible and convenient!

</soapbox>

;o)

Dave