[sword-devel] Copyrighting The Bible?

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:10:45 -0700

At 01:04 AM 8/28/2001 +0200, Kees Bergwerf wrote:
>...That is also my problem. The Dutch translation (SVV) has always been a
>free
>translation but now I see on the crosswire site that it is locked :-(...

I don't know the history and source of that module on CrossWire, but, if
the source before it became a Sword Project module placed a copyright
notice on it, it would be wise to leave it locked until it can be proven
that there is nothing in it that could be copyright protected. However, it
is good to point out locked modules you believe should be public domain,
because there could simply have been a mistake.

Jerry