[sword-devel] Unicode, Unicode, Unicode

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:10:21 -0700

Dan,

It sounds like there's definitely some good progress here and the only
problems are font support and some unimplemented features of
Sword/BibleCS.

> The BHS looked better in the non-unicode version

A screenshot would be helpful here, but I'm going to guess that you're
seeing extra spaces.  This will be fixed shortly with some filters that
turn off combining marks (accents, vowels, & cantillation).  I'll make
sure I get it into CVS this weekend so that testing can begin.

> and the LXXM does not have any accent marks.

They're not in our text at all so that's correct behavior.

> Also, I tried this with Websters Dictionary and BDB but still see
squares instead of characters.

Dictionaries and commentaries currently ignore the Font tag.  Support
for this tag should be added.

--Chris