[sword-devel] PR

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 16:57:30 -0700

At 01:57 PM 8/7/2001 -0400, Mike Sangrey wrote:
>...allow any subscriber to post without moderation with the
>exception of the first post or two.

I like that suggestion. Even this list could use some kind of spam blocking.

>...and then there is the occasional...well...you know.

After running a BBS for a number of years I do know!

>...it gives great freedom to those who play within
>the rules and helps the moderator(s) manage the list.

I like it.

>...you will need a list charter.

Good idea.

>One reason for the list charter is so the moderator(s) can point to an
>objective rule, quote it, and say, "What you did is not allowed."  The
>list charter, in effect, holds the moderator(s) accountable to the
>subscribers and vice-versa.  It is, in effect, a way to "submit to one
>another" (Eph. 5:21).

How would the moderators be accountable to the subscribers? If there was a
problem with a moderator what would the subscribers do?

>Hope that helps.  God bless.

Thank for the info. And likewise.

Jerry