Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:06:05 +0200
I am connected to this list today and I hope to get some help :)
I am using linux for about 2 months. SuSE 7.2
There is a lot I have to learn..
Not so long ago I foun the bibletime project. I have downloaded a lot of
modules. It is the first time that i have an online bible again on my
But then I was disappointed about the locked modules. All the Dutch
translations are locked. That was a bad idea in my opinion. So I have
converted a few modules from the online bible CD that I have (DOS).
Me is told that the encryption has perhaps something to do with the strongs
numbers that are integrated in the text. Why is there not also a text
available without the strongs? In the KJV are also strongs, so when somebody
likes to use them.. it is still possible. Well.. if the user does understand
English that is :)
But now I have some questions.
Is it possible to make the references in the commentaries so that they can be
dragged to a bible translation to start that translation with the reference?
I have tried a few thing but nothing works.
<RX abc book chapter:verse> book chapter:verse <Rx abc>
<scripRef> book chapter:verse </scripRef>
I have written a few C programs to make the conversion easier. I don't know
any Perl or Python.
There was also a problem when a commentary was longer than 65535 bytes. Chris
told me about the '4' option, but I haven't used it. After all I think it is
better to have a long text split into pieces.
Another problem was the high ascii that is used in a few modules. for example
the German Elberfelder has a lot of high ascii in it. It shows up like a dot
in the bibletime program. Also in the Dutch notes I have. What can I do about
So I converted a online bible commentary, a biblical dictionary, but the
first two topics does not show up in the wordindex. I only used the addld
In other lexicons I see things like $$T.. but not in mine. What is the $$*
Well.. perhaps more questions follow, another time.
greetings from the Netherlands,