[sword-devel] Life, the World and .......

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:41:06 +0100

Hi ...........

On 23 Mar 2001, at 13:29, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> As another project for CrossWire, I would love to do a Translator
> Project Support Package.

This weekend I downloaded the NET Bible -
http://www.bible.org/docs/about/netbible.htm
and am finding what seems to me to be a fair translation to be really
useful.  There are extensive comments offered in footnotes for every verse
and the translator's notes especially are excellent.  I found a comment
for John 3:16 about the word "onlybegotten/only/one-and-only" gave me
some information I knew I had read - somewhere - years ago - and had
searched for almost ever since.  You know the feeling.  The site is worth
a look.

Troy - I keep thinking about you and yours in my prayers.  May God
bless you.

With love ......

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,