[sword-devel] new modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

I notice it's been an awfully long time since any new text modules were
added to SWORD, so I'm taking suggestions for what content to create
next.  Barnes NT notes are all I have planned presently because I found a
decent, reliable, copyright-free source.  Are there other modules that
people would really like to see made?  (And can you specify a data
source?)

Also, I interviewed with a company today (in my current search for a
different job) that does content protection.  Currently they only support
Windows, with Mac support in beta, and the content must be viewed in a
browser.  But they're rolling out Linux support in Q2 2001, and it looks
like they may be interested in releasing an SDK.  This may turn out to be
a good way of securing modules in the future since it's a format that's
getting publisher approval.  Then maybe we can get some of the small-time
translations to sell (e.g. LitV & MKJV) and eventually move on to the big
boys as we prove ourselves.  I still don't know how we'd manage to sell &
convey royalties to publishers without someone starting an online store of
some sort.

--Chris Little