[sword-devel] Packaging Sword for Debian, compile problems

Ben Armstrong sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:03:35 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Cool!he first distribution of the world containg SWORD ;-)
> Maybe you like to package also BibleTime 1.0 after it's released?

My bias is GnomeSword next, followed by BibleTime.  I haven't announced
an ITP for BibleTime, as KDE isn't all in Debian yet.  I'm waiting on that
before I install a KDE environment and try out BibleTime.

> These errors are in the VCL lib. The VCL lib is only required for the
> InstallMgr of SWORD. If you do not package the InstallMgr you won't need the
> VCL:
> If you decided not to use the VCL you can disable the compilation of the VCL
> in the file Makefile.cfg (buildvcl:=no).

OK, I'll try that.  It may be that InstallMgr isn't much use in the
package anyway (I say this without knowing what InstallMgr does) since
Debian has its own tools for managing installation of packages.

Thanks!
Ben