[sword-devel] Notes on the search progress bug

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 15:16:06 +0000

Hi Troy!

> This is good information.  I have placed a few new things in
> swmodule.cpp:
>  o A check to only call custom percentage function if the percentage
> value is different than last.
>  o An error check if the value is smaller than last.
>
> I was wondering if you could make it break and send me the output (only
> the first few instances) that you receive.  Thanks!!!  I appreciate you
> digging for this.

I broke it with BibleTime:
Here's the output (I searche din the WEB module):

(BibleTime 1.0) Debug: 127 o/o
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 10905
highIndex: 8245
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 10906
highIndex: 8245
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 10907
highIndex: 8245
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 10908
highIndex: 8245
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 10909
highIndex: 8245
Serious error: new percentage complete is less than previous value
using vk? yes
index: 10910
highIndex: 8245

> 		-Troy.
>
> PS.  Ideally if you could produce it with examples/cmdline/search, that
> would be best for me.  Otherwise, I believe it might be a thread issue.

I can't break it with the example.

I hope thid does help,
--Joachim