[sword-devel] Notes on the search progress bug

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 01:09:22 +0000

Hi Troy!

I tracked the bug down to this::
	-It does only occur with non-indexed bibles using case-_sensitive_ search
and multiple words (the function SWModule::search is called). Mabe exact
match will also lead the te bug, but I don't know.
	-Mainly you use "percent = 100 * vkcheck->NewIndex() / highIndex"
	The values of highIndex should be everytime higher than vkcheck->NewIndex,
right?
	But if you check highIndex and vkcheck->NewIndex() in the seaech loop that
vkcheck->NewIndex() will be much higher than highIndex, this is leadiung to
the error.
I can't find a solution for this, do you find one?
Does NewIndex() return a wrong value? It looks like it returns only the
idex of the Old Testament.

--Joachim