[sword-devel] Mailing list illiteracy

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:08:57 -0600

I used to think it was insulting to the intelligence of the user to add a tail message to the end of EVERY mailing list message telling people how to unsubscribe, but I do it on all of the mailing lists that I manage, because I have encountered about a hundred too many people who have proved me wrong. Even so, there are still some totally clueless individuals who are unwilling or unable to follow instructions, but they are less common. Anyway, a tail message pointing to the FAQ and/or providing removal instructions might be worth considering for this list, too.