[sword-devel] Important things!

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:11:41 +1000

Jerry Hastings wrote:
> A lot of people have never worked with open source and may be intimidated
> by, for lack of a better word, the anarchy.

What do you mean "lack of a better word"?  What better word could there
be for it?  :-)

> Maybe I am way off. Does this ring a bell with any would be volunteer
> coders out there? If not, any would be volunteer coders, please state what
> could help to get more people coding.

You are spot on, Jerry.  Open source is very hard for newbie
volunteers.  I'm not sure how much can be done to make it easy for
them.  If things could be easily packaged into discrete tasks for
newbies, the project probably would have been done by now.  I think it
is simply a matter of perseverance, if you have the time.  I just wish i
did.  :-(

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear