[sword-devel] API Questions

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:33:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> 1. Some modules have only the New Testament, others do only have the Old
> Testament.
> Troy, is it somehow possible to see which books are available?
> I want to return a list of strings which contains only the book which do
> really exist in the module and have some text in it.

And to further complicate things, there will be some modules in the future
that only contain a one or a few books, not even a whole testament.  The
Treasury of David, for example, only covers Psalms.  And the Fourfold
Gospel (TFG), which is already available, only covers the gospels and a
tiny bit of Acts and 1 Cor.

Now that we can write to arbitrary verses easily, with writable modules,
rather than having to start with Genesis/Matthew and write to the end of a
testament, some of the smaller commentaries that OLB has in such quantity
will be easy to make for Sword.

--Chris