[sword-devel] How to use locked modules?

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:54:50 -0700

Jonathan,

>     I have never figured out how to use the locked modules, I have the keys
> and everything but I don't know how to use sapphire to decrypt them. Could
> someone please just give me an easy step by step instructions on how to do
> this.

	What frontend are you using?  Well, regardless, you will need to place
the lock code in the module's .conf file.  Look for a directory named
mods.d where you installed the software.  In there you will find all of
the configuration files for the modules that you have installed.  Edit
the one of interest and you should see a CipherKey= entry.  Place the
key here, after the '=' sign.

> Also please more people give some feed back about contacting the
> copyright holders of the locked modules, I only got one response to my
> questions posted earlier. Hope you guys are having a great week!

We are working on adding a 'Contact' entry to the configuration files of
the modules.  But as of right now, there is no formal place to look to
find the contact information.  You may find some helpful information in
the About= entry.

If you would like to help in the Contact= effort, please email any
module configs with your new Contact= entry to the dev list and we will
add them to the repository.  At first you might just move any contact
info from About= to Contact=, but if you research and find the contact
information for a copyright holder, this would be most valuable.  Thanks
again for your willingness to help.

As far as the content of what to say when you write... I'll dig up some
old mail that was sent out previously and you can get an idea of our
story to them.

	-Troy.