[sword-devel] Sword Website

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:31:58 GMT

Paul Dean writes:

> Jason VanScyoc wrote:
> >
> >    Several issues with the Sword Project's webpage have been brought up in a
> > prior thread.  The page was very confusing to me the first couple times I
> > viewed it.  I can understand the issue with the page having a black
> > background ... it does tend to have an evil look, but one could also view
> > the words as light shining in the darkness.  :)
> >
> >    Also, Troy mentioned that if anyone was interested in putting a prototype
> > together to go ahead ... so, I made up a quick example which can be viewed
> > at:
> >
> > http://backwoods.nu/sword/
> >
> >    Comments, suggestions?
>
> I like the layout - easily navigable.  How about the following for
> something a bit more colourful...
>
> http://www.redeemed.org.uk/sword/

I like this look.  My only question on quick examination is what is the
thing through which the sword is thrust?  Is it merely decorative, or is it
supposed to represnt something?  I have no strong feelings one way or the
other, but if it is supposed to represent something, it is not clear to me.

I really like the look. including the font used in the header, but it may
be a little too different for any non-English speakers, who may be
confused.

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
   Evolution is a myth...