[sword-devel] STEP modules

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:02:35 -0700

>         I am still interested.  The RTF parsing might actually be a good
> thing to work on since I don't think I'll have to compile all of SWORD.  I
> did do some research on the verse indexing in STEP.  I don't think it was
> that complicated.  I have some very simple c programs that are probably
> similar to your stepdump.  One of them might parse the index file.
> I can email you what I've got

Steve,

I'd love to see what you have.

>, or I could try to set up cvs on my system.

what are you running?  Linux or Windoze?
http://www.wincvs.org if you have windows.
Linux usually has it already there; from a shell try: type cvs, and see
if it returns something like:

	[bash]$ type cvs
	cvs is /usr/bin/cvs
	[bash]$

>         Let me know what I can do to help.

Well, check out the filter in sword/src/modules/filters/
They are pretty straight forward and ugly-- speed over maintainablility
for these guys.  They bear a big load for the engine.  Profiling shows
most time spent here, usually.

If you'd rather work on the STEP Bible indexing, let's email more.

	-Troy.