[sword-devel] RE: e-Sword

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:42:21 -0800

Rick Meyers (the e-Sword author) seems very receptive to the idea of joining
forces, and I've invited him to join the list.  I still don't know how easy
it will be for him to do much work with SWORD if he turns out only to know
VB.

Which brings me to a new question...

Does anyone have any idea how easy it might be to compile a Windows lib/dll
of SWORD?  Could cygwin perhaps compile SWORD OOTB?
Troy, is SWORD still incompilable with VC++ because of non-ANSI-compliance
or might that have been fixed in VC++ 6.0?  If we could get a SWORD dll (or
lib), then I could churn out an ActiveX control and we could let everyone
with VB brew his own SWORD frontend.

--Chris Little