[sword-devel] problem

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:37:34 +0100

Sorry for bothering you, but I have a problem with sword.
If I start mgrtest, it says

SWMgr: Can't find 'mods.conf' or 'mods.d'.  Try setting:
        SWORD_PATH=<directory containing mods.conf>
        Or see the README file for a full description of setup options
(<configPath is null>)

but I do have a /etc/sword.conf, containing

cat /etc/sword.conf
[INSTALL]
DataPath=/usr/local/sword

the path contains:

ls /usr/local/sword
GnomeSword.xpm   doc              lib              modules
InstallMgr.conf  gnomesword       locales.d        uninstall
bin              include          mods.d

If I do export SWORD_PATH=/usr/local/sword, it works.
I have no ~/.sword dir and no ~/.mods.conf file.
what am I doing wrong?

Martin