[sword-devel] 1.5.1pre

Troy A. Griffitts sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 May 2000 13:59:10 -0700

> Sorry, but I found a bug.

Don't be sorry for finding a bug! ;)

> I think everybody knows it's possible to have modules in a users $HOME/.sword directory.
> But if a encrypted modules is stored there I can't save the key to the config file which is in
> $HOME/.sword/mods.d/ (using BibleTime 0.3pre).

I was thinking this weekend about subclassing SWConfig and providing a
cool derived class that knows about mods.d and $HOME/.sword and all our
other config rules we use specifically for sword.

This extracts the functionality from SWMgr and places it in SwordConfig
: public SWConfig.  Then SWMgr will still have a SWConfig * that you can
reference, and it will be newed to SwordConfig.

This will allow config.Save() to work correctly when you change entries
in the SWMgr::config member.

This should solve all our problems with all the logic outside of the
SWORD library.

What do you think?

> May I submit my changes to CVS (changed provate: to protected: in swmgr.h,
> otherwise BibleTime 0.3pre won't compile.). I wan't to place the latest version on the SWORD CD
> (ok, Brook will do it ;-).

yes, please submit.

> And there was a compiling problem with GCC 2.95.2, I'll submit the change this afternoon
> (changed char* to const char* ;-).

good.  Thank you.

> The nasty encryption related problem is solved now !!
> Thanks Troy and all the others!

That's what we're here for-- to support you with a good API! :)


PS.  did tests/parsekey work for you?  It did not work for me with
something like:

./parsekey "1. Mose 1:1" de

> The only problem is the localiziation bug I reported in my previous mail.
> Very good work Troy!
> --Joachim
> >Ok everyone, I've merged all the past 2 months worth of work on 1.4.x
> >into the 1.5.x tree.  Please let me know if we fixed all your 1.5.x bugs
> >or if we created any new ones.
> >
> >Try out the new range parse functionality with the updated
> >tests/parsekey test program.  Localization doesn't seem to work
> >correctly for me when parsing.  I'm hoping I'm just typing the wrong
> >letters or that my de.conf file is outdated.  Please let me know if it
> >works/doesn't work for you.  US locale seems to work ok.
> >
> >eg.
> >
> >parsekey "gen 1:1-5,3-7;7:9,10;jas1-5"
> >
> >All the latest stuff is in CVS.
> >
> >               -Troy.
> --
> BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
> http://www.bibletime.de/
> info@bibletime.de