[sword-devel] Web interface?

Matt Brown sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:38:50 +0000

--------------DCC458BB3E1E26E6404995B4

I am new to this discussion, but I am have been following this thread.
I am a web developer and it is my opinion that all software development
should be web enabled, regardless of what it is.  If the development
focus of SWORD were to all shift to some sort of web interface, there is
no reason that the users who have Linux machines couldn't install it
with Apache and then urn a local web server that wouldn't even need to
be attached to the outside world.  The movement in computers is to put
everything in the browser.  HTML is limited in some things, but if you
need more functionality you can make a java applet.  I would be very
interesting in helping with this development.  I think php or
perl/mod_perl/embperl are equally good choices and each have their
benefits (both are the same speed if done properly)

--
Matt Brown
Consultant - MID

--------------DCC458BB3E1E26E6404995B4

I am new to this discussion, but I am have been following this thread.&nbsp;
I am a web developer and it is my opinion that all software development
should be web enabled, regardless of what it is.&nbsp; If the development
focus of SWORD were to all shift to some sort of web interface, there is
no reason that the users who have Linux machines couldn't install it with
Apache and then urn a local web server that wouldn't even need to be attached
to the outside world.&nbsp; The movement in computers is to put everything
in the browser.&nbsp; HTML is limited in some things, but if you need more
functionality you can make a java applet.&nbsp; I would be very interesting
in helping with this development.&nbsp; I think php or perl/mod_perl/embperl
are equally good choices and each have their benefits (both are the same
speed if done properly)
<pre>--&nbsp;
Matt Brown
Consultant - MID