[sword-devel] CD ISO

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 01:58:20 -0700

I've created a new full ISO.  It's on the FTP site:

ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/iso/sword20000604.iso

I believe that the windows side of things and all modules are the newest
and ready to go.  I haven't tested the linux side of things lately.
Please test on various distros and let me know what works and what
doesn't.  You shouldn't actually have to burn a CD if you don't have a
burner.  You can still provide much useful feedback.  You may mount the
iso with a command similar to:

mkdir /mnt/swordiso
mount -t iso9660 -o loop sword20000604.iso /mnt/swordiso

Things to look for on the linux side:

	Does the cd autorun when you place it in your drive?

	Does ./setup.sh work?

		In graphics or text mode?

	Does installmgr run automatically during the install?

		Does it work?

	Do icons for your choice of UI get installed?

		Do they correctly run the program?

			Does the program work?

	Any permission issues?

Thanks to everyone for your very hard work and time commitment.  We'll
get this out the door yet.

		-Troy.